Friday, August 8, 2008

#3 (X-Rated Edition)

For whatever reason, I'm sending you all an x-rated musical booty today that has been ransacked and pilfered from wenches across the seven seas.

Welsh offshoot of the band Super Furry Animals "Neon Neon" make me nod my head and blush at the same time! Their song Trick for Treat is absurdly absurd and very, very fun. She got me dreaming like a Michigan boy in Hollywoood...

Neon Neon, "Trick For Treat"

And to wrap it up, everyone's favorite sons of a Methodist preacherman, Kings of Leon, have a new single off their album due in September "By the Night." If that wasn't good enough on its own, they named the song after one of the joke band names that I've continuously come up with for the various bands I've been in in my life. Yes, they actually named the song "Sex on Fire." The lead singer of KOL recently did an interview in which he said that there has always been an element of sex in the band's music. On this record, he wanted to put all the sex into one song, and then be done with sex for the rest of the record. And with that, I offer you a deliriously fun (if slightly raunchy) Friday music selection:

Kings Of Leon, "Sex On Fire"

Ow, my virgin ears-Ralph Wiggum

As always, let me know what you think.

Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment